Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Meet Mr. Sam!


Do you want to be a rock star?  Then you better meet Mr. Sam and learn to play the guitar!

What do you do at NewSongs?
I teach guitar and music theory?

Why do you play the guitar?
Because I feel that it comes more naturally to me than other instruments.

When did you start playing?
When I was in Junior High in the summer of '99!

How often do you practice?
About 1 1/2 hours a day (excluding Sundays)

When did you start teaching?
I started teaching at the ripe old age of 18!

What is your favorite part about teaching?
Seeing my students' reaction when "everything clicks".

What do you do besides NewSongs?
I go to school at Anthem College to begin a side career in surgical technology!

What do you do for fun?
I record my music at home for fun!

Who or what inspires you?
  • Seeing something that seems impossible made possible
  • Learning a new music skill


What are your dreams for your life?
That I'd write music that is recorded and played worldwide by myself and millions from all corners.

Mr. Sam's favorites:
Food:  American food!  burgers, ribs, BBQ and Soups!
Color:  Green
Movie:  Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Cd/Music:  "Brothers" by Black Keys and "OK Computer" by Radiohead
Book:  Ender's Shadow

1 comment: