Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Meet Mr. Cameron!


Everyone wants to learn to play the drums!  Mr. Cameron loves the drums and does a great job teaching in a fun way!

Do you know Mr. Cameron's favorites?


What do you do at NewSongs?
I teach drums.

Why do you play the drums?
Because it is my life.  It's all I know how to do.

When did you start?
I started to play drums at the age of 2 years old.

How often do you practice?
I practice on my drum kit about 2-3 hours at a time.  But I also play gigs and play on a drum pad off and on the rest of the day.

When did you start teaching?
About 3 years ago.

What is your favorite part about teaching?
I love seeing students excited about playing.  Especially when they work hard and improve.

Who inspires you?
My drum teacher, Rick Lotter and players I look up to.  And my friend, Matthew.

What are your dreams for your life?
To be able to support myself by playing music professionaly.

What do you do besides NewSongs?
I play drums, teach at home and work at a movie theater.  And I am a full time student at Sacramento State.

What do you do for fun?
I like to go to downtown Sacramento and eat at restaurants where live Jazz is played.

Cameron's Favorites:
Food:  strawberries
Color:  purple
Movie: Grown Ups
CD/Music:  Jazz, CD-The Soothsayer by Wayne Shorter
Book:  Calvin and Hobbes :)




No comments:

Post a Comment