Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Meet Miss. Amber!


Who has been playing the piano since she was 8 years old?  Meet Miss Amber, one of NewSongs piano teachers.

What do you do at NewSongs?
I teach group and private piano classes from ages 6 all the way up.

Why do you play the piano?
I play the piano and wish I was talented enough to do them all but for right now I'm perfectly happy with piano.

When did you start?
I started when I was 8 years old in 3rd grade and my mom forced me to take lessons.  Good thing I ended up loving it.

How often do you practice?
1-2 hours a day.  I usually mess around and try to play songs by ear, radio songs or some old classics.

When did you start teaching?
I started teaching last May of 2010.

What is your favorite part about teaching?
I absolutely love working with kids.

What was the best concert you ever went to?
My first recital with my students. (I've never been to a concert otherwise!)

Who or what inspires you?
I'm inspired by the idea that there is no limit on the capacity that you can learn, explore, find and achieve.  My mom and dad tell me that a lot and it keeps me motivated in everything, not just piano.

What are your dreams for your life?
I want to get to college!  I'd love to continue teaching music and study either business or liberal arts.  We'll see I guess!  My real dream though is that whatever I end up doing, I'm happy.

What do you do besides NewSongs?
I play piano in the worship band at my church, both high school youth group and adult service.  I am also a full time high school student at Pleasant Grove High School (c/o 2012) and I volunteer teach 4th and 5th graders at my church.  I am also on the yearbook staff at my school.

What do you do for fun?
I write my own songs, take my little brother and sister out to lunch, play with my 2 adorable puppy dogs, go see new movies and buy shoes online.

Amber's favorites:
Food:  I absolutely love potatoe gnocchi's (It's Italian potatoe dumplings!  They're amazing.)
Color:  Aquarmarine
Movie:  Miss Congeniality
CD/Music:  Alternative Rock
Book:  Misery by Stephen King



No comments:

Post a Comment