Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Meet Mr. Matthew!

Mr. Matthew is NewSongs newest guitar teacher.  Did you know his favorite food is brownies? 

What do you do at NewSongs?
I teach guitar.

Why do you play the guitar?
Because it allows me to express myself.

When did you start?
I started when I was 13.

How often do you practice?
I practice on a daily basis for multiple hours.

When did you start teaching?
I started teaching over the summer out of my house.

What is your favorite part about teaching?
Seeing the kids' faces when the instrument finally clicks for them.

What was the best concert you ever went to?
I took a train to Reno and saw B.B. King

What do you do besides NewSongs?
I like to read, write, listen to, and play music religiously.

What do you do for fun?
I play guitar.  I don't have many other hobbies besides music.  I go downtown with Cameron and watch Jazz.

What are your dreams for your life?
My dreams are to reach out to everybody through music.

Mr. Matthew's favorites:
Food:  I have a weakness for brownies
Color:  blue
Movie:  Almost Famous
CD/Music:  Stevie Ray Vaughan, Texas Flood  Blues/Rock/Pop/Jazz
Book:  On the Road Jack Kervac



No comments:

Post a Comment